If your home has sustained smoke, fire, water or mold damage, or if it just needs a good carpet scrubbing, it is always a good idea to hire a company that specializes in cleaning and restoration services. If you’re in need of these types of services, you’re probably concerned about restoring the safety and comfort of your home, along with minimizing further physical and financial damage. That means you need professionals! To give you an idea of what services you might want to consider, here is a quick list of essential services which will help restore your home to its pre-damage splendor!
If You’re Hiring a Company, Look for These Cleaning and Restoration Services:
1) Mold Remediation and Mold Removal: With the right conditions, mold can grow almost anywhere in a building. The scary thing about noticing visible mold growth on wall surfaces is that mold may also be growing on the wall’s opposite side, invisible to us. The environment inside the walls of a house often differs drastically from the outside and could create a perfect haven for toxic mold.
2) Water Damage Restoration: Water damage can happen anywhere in your home (from top to bottom!), whether it is due to a leaky roof, or an absorptive basement foundation. It is important to understand that water damage gets worse with every passing minute and the visible damage is often only a fraction of the real damage, invisible to the naked eye. Hidden damage within walls, sub floors, behind cabinets, and in ceilings is the real danger. These areas can take weeks or months to completely dry on their own, greatly increasing secondary damages like mold. According to the CDC,
“Black mold growth occurs when there is moisture from water damage, excessive humidity, water leaks, condensation, water infiltration, or flooding.” Furthermore the CDC notes that, “In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition.”
Therefore, while dealing with water damage can be a stressful and traumatic event, it is critical to address the issue immediately.
3) Air Duct Cleaning: Your air ducts can get cluttered with unhealthy contaminants over time. The objective of source removal air duct cleaning is the complete physical removal of dirt, debris and other contaminants from the ductwork. According to some university studies, this is recognized as the most acceptable form of cleaning and decontamination of air duct systems for both homes and commercial buildings.
4) Fire / Smoke Damage Restoration: A fire is one of the most overwhelming events anyone can suffer. The effects of health hazards, physical and psychological harm can last a lifetime. Fire damage restoration requires a combination of cleaning techniques and very close attention to detail. Furthermore, odors from the smoke and soot can be absorbed by almost any surface or material therefore they should be addressed as soon as possible.
5) Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning: Dirt and grime can build up over time on your floors and furniture, and hiring a company that specializes in cleaning and restoration services can take care of the worst stains. Most carpet and upholstery cleaners use state-of-the-art equipment to safely remove seemingly steadfast stains and the most difficult dirt from your carpets and fabrics.
6) Tile and Grout Cleaning: Tile and grout are notoriously difficult to clean. Every homeowner (and business owner!) knows that regular mopping, home tile cleaners and home grout cleaning methods just can’t seem to get the job done, especially if you’re trying to eliminate stubborn dirt that has settled on tile surfaces or deep into grout lines.
Contact Us Today and Leave the Cleaning and Restoration Work to the Pros!
Specialized cleaning along with smoke, fire, mold and water damage remediation are best left to the professionals. Contact Idaho Falls Sunrise Cleaning and Restoration today to restore your home to its pre-damage splendor!v.