Do You Have A DRP?
DRP= Disaster Recovery Plan. Do you have one in place? If not, Sunrise Cleaning & Restoration is here to help you get your DRP in place. Throughout the next several months we will be providing you with important tips, tools, and helpful information to help you and your family develop a customized Disaster Recovery Plan.
Know what disasters and hazards could affect your area, how to get emergency alerts, and where you would go if you and your family need to evacuate.
Make a plan today. Your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to know which types of disasters could affect your area. Also, establish a family meeting place that’s familiar and easy to find. Most importantly, you will want to make sure you and your loved ones know how to get in touch with one another and how to reconnect.
Step 1: Put together a plan by discussing these 4 questions with your family, friends, or household to start your emergency plan.
- How will I receive emergency alerts and warnings?
- Do I have shelter plan?
- What is my evacuation route?
- Do I know what my family/household communication plan?
Step 2: Consider specific needs in your household.
Therefore, as you prepare your plan tailor your plans and supplies to your specific daily living needs and responsibilities. Create your own personal network for specific areas where you need assistance. These may include:
- Different ages of members within your household
- Responsibilities for assisting others
- Locations frequented
- Dietary needs
- Medical needs including prescriptions and equipment
- Disabilities or access and functional needs including devices and equipment
- Pets or service animals
Step 3: Fill out a Family Emergency Plan
Download and fill out a family emergency plan or use them as a guide to create your own.
- Emergency Plan for Parents (PDF)
- Emergency Plan for Children (PDF)
- Steps To Make a Plan (PDF)
- Make a Plan (Video)
Step 4: Practice your plan with your family/household
Visit Ready.gov for more information and help on developing your DRP.